Spinach and Mushroom Muffins
These are perfect as a hearty breakfast or as a post work out snack.
1tsp coconut oil
Pinch of chili flakes
1 clove of garlic crushed
1 shallot diced
Handful of chestnut mushrooms slices
Handful of spinach roughly chopped
Splash of milk (or dairy free alternative)
Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease a muffin tray with some coconut oil, or line with muffin cases.
- Then add the coconut oil, chili flakes and garlic into a frying pan and gently heat. Once the oil has melted, add the shallots and the mushrooms and fry, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms have softened. This should take 6-7 minutes. Add in the spinach leafs and stir in for a further minute, then put to the side to cool.
- In a bowl, add the eggs, milk and yeast flakes and Wisk for a minute. Then add the mushroom mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin try and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes
- You can then enjoy these little muffins for breakfast or as a great post work out snack.