Raspberry & Almond Butter Chickpea Brownies.
Excuse the extra long title, there are a lot of amazing aspects of these brownies i wanted to call out. Firstly, these beauties are made with no flour! the bulk of the batter is actually chickpea. Apart from being super healthy and packed with fibre, folate and iron and protein, it also makes the brownies creamy and moist.
As if that wasn’t enough, i also added a raspberry and almond butter cream in the middle 🙂
- 2 cans of chickpeas drained.
- 120g coconut sugar
- 50g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 100ml Milk (i used almond milk)
- 40g raw cacao
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 200g almond butter
- 125g raspberries for the filling
- 125g raspberries for the topping.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Add the chickpeas, coconut sugar, almonds, eggs, coconut oil, cacao and a pinch of salt into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pour half the mixture into a lined brownies tray, and the other half into a bowl and put the side.
- Add the raspberries and the almond butter into a food processor and blitz until they are fully combined.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the first layer of brownie. Then add the rest of the mixture on top.
- top the tray off with the rest of the raspberries and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- You’ll need to allow them to cool for at least 20 minutes before trying to cut… so try and control yourself.
- you can add some more fresh raspberries and enjoy.