Double Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
There is nothing better then freshly baked muffins and i’ve been craving muffins all week. i recently bought buckwheat flakes in a sample sale for the first time and had no idea what to do with them other then use them as porridge (but thats not exciting). So i decided to chuck them in to a rough muffin batter and turn them into delicious chocolaty muffins. They really help to bulk them out and make them a lot more filling then just using flour.
Makes about 8 muffins
100g wholemeal flour
100g buckwheat flakes
2 tbs raw cacao
1tps baking powder
80g coconut sugar
80g melted butter
Splash (about 50ml) coconut milk (or other)
100g good quality white chocolate chopped up
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Then add the butter and eggs and whisk until a thick batter forms. Add the splash of milk to thin the mixture out. Once the mixture is smooth, throw in the raspberries and about 75g of the chopped white chocolate and fold in gently to avoid completely crushing the raspberries.
- Divide the mixture into about 8 muffin cases then sprinkle the rest of the white chocolate on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes until they are gooey and delicious.