Berry and banana breakfast loaf
The best thing about this recipe is that you can literally throw in whatever fruit you have laying around. I had bananas and berries so that’s what I used, but you could easily substitute them for something else. I usually make them on a Sunday evening so I don’t need to think about breakfast on a Monday morning.
250g ground almonds
1/2tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
50g butter (or coconut oil)
4 eggs separated
3 tbs sugavida (or alternative sweetener)
1 ripe banana mushed
Handful of blueberries
Handful of raspberries
- Start by pre heating the oven to 160 degrees. You’ll also need a loaf tin that you should cover in grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients (ground almonds, baking soda, pinch of salt and sugavida or alternative).
- Melt the butter or the oil over a very low heat, being careful not to burn it. pour it into the dry ingredients and give it a quick mix.
- Then add in you berries and mashed up banana
- Separate your 4 eggs. Put the egg yolk into the almond flour mixture and beat them in well and the egg whites into a separate bowl.
- Using an electric hand whisk, you’ll need to whisk your egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add ¼ of the egg whites into the mixture and beat them in, then add another ¼ and continue to beat it in.
- Add the 3rd 1/4, but this time gently fold it in, then fold in the last 1/4. This is what will help your loaf rise beautifully so don’t be tempted mix it in anymore then you need to.
- Pour the mixture into you loaf tin and bake for an hour.